Monthly Archives: August 2007

Meeting minutes (2007-08-30)

Meeting began at approximately 8:06 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mike Howlett, Head Grower
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation

Members and Visitors:
Diana

Business:

Dave has sent out at email requesting help manning a booth for the NASC at the NECPS show.  Dave requested sign up sheets for new members and donation sheets for the show.

Noah will work on updating the NASC brochure and will look in to creating a donation sheet.

Mark, reported that while being showed around a hunting club looking for snakes was showed that there are carnivorous plants around.  The surroundings are a part of the Green Swamp area.  Mark will start looking on Monday.
Mark was filming earlier this week.  Most of the Sarracenia were dried up due to drought.  Mark also got an opportunity to talk about the NASC and its goals on film as well as introduce the creators to Dan and his plants.

Mike reported on his official carnivorous plant trip to Florida.  Also reported was that Mike's permit to collect seed and plant material from the Texas national forests should be coming in soon.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:21 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2007-08-23)

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education

Members and Visitors:
None

Business:

Jonathan reported that new months of minutes have been uploaded to the archives.

Dave reported that he will be making a call to the NE State Secretary office to correct a problem with the name on the registered agent form.  Suzanne will now send the reinstatement papers.

Mark reported that he has sent emails to those who have sent messages inquiring as to courses of actions for local plant sites.

Noah reported nothing new.

A discussion was help on the North East Carnivorous Plant Society show.  Suzanne will see if she can go.  Dave will send out an email to the NASC mail list regarding help/attendance.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:45 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2007-08-16)

Meeting began at approximately 8:01 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education

Members and Visitors:
Ben
Diana

Business:

Dave reported that all of the auction money (minus one check that is on the way) is in.  Also, Registered Agent change papers have been sent.

Jonathan reported nothing new; construction is continuing on the minutes archive.

Mark reported that letters will be written to those who contacted the NASC regarding site locations and potential collection.  Paperwork will be included to ensure acceptance and compliance with all laws.

Noah reported that some updates have been made to the websites including the addition of a page for the PR committee.

Dave opened as discussion on the NECPs show.  Dave would like see if NASC members could join him in leading a NASC booth at the show.  Schedules will be reviewed and participation will be discussed in the future.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:58  PM Central

Meeting minutes (2007-08-09)

Meeting began at approximately 8:01 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mike Howlett, Head Grower (excused)
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education (AK; excused)
Jeremiah Harris, Head of Distribution (late; excused)
Arthur Yin, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
Ben
Steph

Business:

Arthur reported nothing new on the web front.  Web form work will begin after returning Sept. 5.  Also, Arthur will work on fixing Mark's NASC email address.

Suzanne will attempt to contact the NASC site's ISP in regards to changes.

Jonathan reported that the minutes page has been updated and uploaded and that the archives will continue to be uploaded to the site.

Mark reported:
1. Construction on landowner Dan's house is proceeding and that the plants are protected and not being visibly affected.  However, due to to late frost and drought, there is very little seed.  Mark will continue to monitor the site.
2.  Mark will be looking in to an Environmental Impact Report for a nearby road-widening project that goes through areas with Venus Flytraps.
3.  Mark will be filling out Survey forms for new plant locations found.  Also, Mark will be asking for volunteers to help him in his effort to locate and catalogue plant sites.

Dave reported that all auction transactions are complete save for one.  The final auction take is approximately $3405.  Dave will continue to work on the Registered Agent change forms.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:07 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2007-08-02)

Meeting began at approximately 8:01 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
Jeremiah Harris, Head of Distribution

Members and Visitors:
Ben
Diana
Steph
Victoria

Business:

Noah reported that the second NASC newsletter has been released to the general public.  Also, the auction information has been taken down from the front page.

Mark reported that his NASC email is not working.  As a temporary fix, his private email will be published on the site and newsletter.  A status report was given on the auction standings.  Also, Mark reported that he will be going out this weekend looking for carnivorous plants and be filling out survey forms for the sites.

Jonathan reported that all of the old minutes have been converted to HTML format and will be plugged in to the minutes page format.  The page format is nearly complete.  After uploading all of the finished minutes to the website, work will begin on an automated notification system for meetings.

A discussion was held on the newsletter.  It was decided that it will remain free and independent of membership for at least the remainder of the year

A discussion was held on a potential seed bank for members.  Mike will be contacted to discuss the viability of this idea at this time.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:49  PM Central