Monthly Archives: April 2008

Meeting minutes (2008-04-24)

Meeting began at approximately 8:00  PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education

Members and Visitors:
Steph

Business:

Dave reported on 501 (c) (3) paperwork.  Requested narrative from Noah for papers.  Dave reviewed the “conflict of interest” clause; no job can be given preferentially to any relative/associate.
Dave requested and email description about funds for Botanique.
Dave also requires a description of the auction.  He will be using the official descriptions/rules from the posts on Terraforums.

Jonathan will scan and send out copies of the official Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws to the other board members.

An email will be sent out to the board members to propose addition of a conflict of interest clause to the bylaws (as the appropriate 2/3 quorum was not present.)  Final form will be drafted and voted upon via email.

Discussion was held on what we should list as types of donations are not acceptable. (For Dave's paperwork.)

Mark will continue to complete surveys.  Mark plans on making surveys for the Nature Conservancy land to which he now has access.

Noah reported that the dates have been changed from last year's banner ads.  Another few ads will also be ready for the auction.  The newsletter should be out within the week, but we want the WEBSITE up so we can publish it; may just email it to the members first.

Jonathan reported minutes are continuing (for legitimacy/reference/request.)  Looking for interesting things to post on the ICPS and Terra forums.

Noah made a motion to move the NASC site to a different host.  Jonathan seconded the motion.  Motion was passed without contest.

Reminder was given to send feedback on seedbank policy.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:37 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2008-04-17)

NASC Weekly Meeting for April 17, 2008

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education

Members and Visitors:
Steph

Business:

Arthur reported on the status of the NASC website.  Discussion was held on potential for finding new hosting.
Arthur will investigate new hosts while waiting for a response from the current host.  If issues are not resolved promptly, the website will be moved.

Noah reported progress on the newsletter: will be released this month to keep with the schedule.  Ads for the auction will be released soon.

David reported work on 501 (c)(3) paperwork.  Requested materials reflecting accomplishments.  Due to site downtime, no new members have been able to sign up.

Jonathan reported that as a temporary measure, minutes have been posted on Terraforums.

Mark reported that he has completed 3 more survey forms, and more are planned for the coming weeks.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:58 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2008-04-10)

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mike Howlett, Head Grower
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Head of Distribution
Open, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
None

Business:

Arthur reported on the website.  Currently the site is still down, so Suzanne will be contacting the service provider.

A discussion was held on correctly-balancing paypal fees for membership signup.

Dave gave a finances report.  New members have joined and payed dues. Federal nonprofit status will hopefully be granted by or during the auction.

JC reported on seedbank policies and procedures updates.  The revised edition will be sent out to the board for review in the coming week.  Mike will be sending out seeds for the seedbank in the coming weeks.

Mike reported that an email has been sent out to the Regional Head Growers letting them know of progress, reminding them that updates are due April 15th.  Mike has been contacted by a company requesting information on preserving Sarracenia on a development site.

Noah reported that the newsletter will be done soon and new banners will be rolled out for the auction advertisement.

Mark reported that he met with people from The Nature Conservancy and toured the swamp.  Mark will be doing surveys for the surrounding swamplands.

Jonathan reported that the newest minutes are not on the NASC site because it is down.  In the meantime, updates will be posted on Terraforums.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:28 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2008-04-03)

Meeting began at approximately 8:02PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mike Howlett, Head Grower
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
Open, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
Steph

Business:

Jonathan reported that the new minutes are up.  Reported interest from membership in upcoming newsletter.

David reported that finances and taxes have been completed ahead of schedule.  Reported new memberships and online signups.

Discussion was held on payment methods.  Paypal price has been adjusted to correct for higher fee rates.

Dave will report federal nonprofit status tomorrow via email.

Both online and snail-mail payment will be made available for seedbank postage fees.

Noah reported that the newsletter is being finished up.

Arthur reported progress on website security updates, chatroom, and other web features.

Mark reported that next week he will be meeting with The Nature Conservancy, press should be present.

Mike reported that the coming month will primarily be focused on education, and trying to get more help for the greenhouses.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 10:32 PM Central