Monthly Archives: December 2008

Meeting minutes (2008-12-18)

NASC Weekly Meeting for December 18, 2008

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Head of Distribution

Members and Visitors:
Steph

Business:

Jonathan will create descriptions for the remaining Board positions so they can be advertised for elections postings.

All following motions are effective after the NASC Board elections in January, 2009:

Noah made a motion to accept  JC's proposed position of Administrator of Plant Materials, Mark seconded the motion.  Passed without contest.  The policies and procedures as well as other documentation will be uploaded to the website.

JC made a motion that the Head of Distribution and Head Grower positions be disbanded , Jonathan seconded the motion.  Passed without contest.

JC made a motion that the Admin of Plant Materials follow the job description presented at the previous Board meeting, Jonathan saconded the motion.  Passed without contest.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:38  PM Central

Meeting minutes (2008-12-11)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
* Sent out President position description to Board.

VP:
* Received project updates from Mark and Mike
* Sent an email of projects still requiring progress updates.

Secretary:
* Updated minutes.
* Sent out  draft of description of Secretary position description to the Board.

Treasurer:
--
Head Grower:
--

Conservation:
--

PR & Ed:
--

Distribution:
* Completed a description for the new combined position being created, and a list of possible titles.

* Draft of distribution policies and seedbank inventory supplied, forwarded to Board.

Agenda Items:
1 Handling of documents sent with reports (google docs or email?)
2 Discussion of position descriptions (revisions, etc)
3 Update of grower roster?
4 Sending election notices.

Reminders:
For this meeting, documents and longer report items (namely job descriptions) were sent to the board via email.

 

 NASC Monthly Meeting for December 11, 2008

Meeting began at approximately 8:05PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
J.C. Stoner, Head of Distribution

Members and Visitors:
None

Business:

JC will continue to send Seedbank documents to Secretary for redundancy purposes.  The latest version can be found on google documents.

Dave will get the latests financial documents up to google docs.

1.  Future regularly posted documents will be sent to Secretary for maintenance.  For report purposes, refer to version on google documents.  Non-regular Reports documents will be included in an additional email before meetings. Official documents will, as regularly done, be uploaded to google docs.

2.  Those needing to get position descriptions in will need to do so ASAP.  Arthur will generate a description for the At Large position.

3.  No update on grower roster; awaiting response.

4.  Jonathan will send out notices to members via email and make posts online on forums and the NASC website regarding elections and the positions available.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:37 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2008-12-04)

Agenda & Reports

Reports 

President:
*  See Agenda & additional reminders.

VP:
* Requests sent to Board members: Cataloguing project info/contacts
* Web Update: Splinter Hill added to Links page

Secretary:
* Working on new meeting format & website integration
* Looking in to a functional calendar for Board use.  Will check for GD integrated features.

Treasurer:
* No update on 501c3
* Awaiting contact from Phil

Head Grower:
* Awaiting contact from Phil.  Contacted via email before Thanksgiving, again 12/3.

Conservation:
* ---

PR & Ed:
* Awaiting harddrive data from friend

Distribution
* Drafting proposal/description for Head Grower and Head of Distribution
* Creating proposal for seed to be sent to growing committee members.
* Will be doing inventory on the seedbank to ensure accuracy of inventory
* No Change in seed bank & Distro section of GD is almost completely updated.

Agenda Items:
1. JC's proposals for Board position combination / discussion
2. Future of At-Large Position
3. @ Dave: Update on Dues reminder, Paypal emails?
4. Election discussion / nominations
5. Discussion of Greg's Ed materials email; how/where to use submitted materials

Reminders:
* Everyone needs to write up a “job description” for their position. These will be used A) for the upcoming elections, B) as a general description.

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Head of Distribution

Members and Visitors:
Steph

Business:

Jonathan will write a step-by-step for updating the agenda/reports page and send it to the board.
Will check out google chat for use in future meetings and look in to voice chat as a potential feature.

Discussion was held on the proposed agenda/minutes/reports merging.  Will trial for a few weeks and make adjustments accordingly.

1.  JC proposed the merging othe Distribution and Grower Committee Head in to one position in to Plant Progopogation of Plant Material Admin.  Also proposed disbanding the Distribution Committee at this time.  Goal would be to create an adminitrative position that keeps track of growers.

2.  A description needs to be generated to help define the At Large.  Discussed possible nominations.

3.  Dave will send out the Dues reminder email this weekend.

4.  Discussed elections.  Advertising needs to be done by next board meeting.  Nominations/elections come on the Annual Meeting.

5.  Discussed use of Ed materials.  Website would be best use, needs to be chopped down for brochures.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:34 PM Central