Monthly Archives: February 2009

Meeting minutes (2009-02-26)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
--

VP:
- Planning newsletter article

Secretary Pro Tem:
- Updated minutes

Treasurer:
- Will not be able to attend meeting.  Has not received a call back on current project.

Head of Conservation:
- Reported that TNC will not be source of donation this year; no current projects for donation.

PR & Ed:
- Will send out secured PDF for final board approval.  Pending approval will post to website, email out, and make notices.

Plant Materials:
--

Agenda Items:
- Nasc plant discussion
- Newsletter article ideas for Board members
- Auction donation ideas

Reminders:

 

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
-

Business:

Discussed auction donation options.  The NASC is currently looking for a group with a Sarracenia-related project that could use additional funding.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:35 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-02-19)

Agenda & Reports

Reports 

President:
- Started work on a Sarracenia/conservation colouring book

VP:
- None

Secretary:
- Pending

Treasurer:
--

Conservation:
- None

PR & Ed:
- Looked in to google docs permission
- Need to send final draft of mini newsletter

Plant Materials:
--

Agenda Items:
- Update on Form 990 and typo correction

-Changes for Bylaws? (continued)

Reminders:

--

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
--

Business:

Meeting was held on skype for first time in an attempt to improve efficiency.

Dave reported nothing new; has not yet contacted IRS over Form 990.

Suzanne will be making a banner ad for the auction.

Jonathan will field a question on Terraforums regarding NASC finances.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:32 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-02-12)

Agenda & Reports

Reports 

President:
--

VP:
- Resolved privacy concern with Foundation Center and contacted IRS regarding the concern.
- Gave feedback for newsletter draft
- Updated the website

Secretary Pro Tem:
- Updated minutes/agenda

Treasurer:
--

Conservation:
- Talking with The Nature Conservancy to find a project for coming auction's donations
- Request for education material for May

PR & Ed:
- Sent out draft of mini-newsletter

Plant Materials:
Excused Absence

Agenda Items:
- Bylaws
- Further privacy issue / Form 990 correction
- Google docs account toggling
- Educational material for Mark and Greg

Reminders:
--

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary Pro Tem/Head of PR & Education
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation

Members and Visitors:
none
Business:

Header for Bylaws page was updated to reflect 501(c)(3) status.

Dave will resolve Form 990 typo and Board address correction with the IRS.

PDF security issue came up.

Mark said that meeting with TNC NC (The Nature Conservancy in North Carolina) chapter will resume the following week as TNC were busy dealing with caught Dionaea muscipula (Venus flytrap) poachers for this week.

Upcoming Skype meeting was discussed.

Meeting end at approximately 9:15 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-02-05)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
- Sent message to request space for 2009 auction at Terraforums
- Will make call regarding plant shipment this weekend

Vice President
:
- Continuing correspondance with Foundation Center regarding 501(c)(3) privacy concern
- Tested Skype with another board member
- Requested looking in to Bylaws updates to reflect changes

Secretary Pro Tem
:
- Minutes updated

Treasurer:
- Need to get '09 dues letters out
- Confirmed that biannual fee for NE state still required, regardless of standing with IRS
- Had the latest bank statement posted to google docs

Conservation:
--

PR & Ed:
- Continuing work on Newsletter draft
- Still need to update Wikipedia entries on the NASC
- Updated Board meeting schedule on NASC site and Terraforums

Plant Materials:
- One further seed request
- Notified of absence for this weekly, and coming board meeting

Agenda Items:
- Auction ideas/discussion
- Discussion regarding Skype for future meetings
- Review Bylaws regarding changes

Reminders:
- Reminder to think about what organization(s) we can assist from the upcoming auction.

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary Pro Tem
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
--

Business:

Suzanne reported that the NASC has permission to hold the auction on Terraforums.

Newsletter was discussed.  Dates for publishing should be Jan, April, July and Oct.
Jonathan will be making a small update newsletter and sending out a draft this week.

Have input and possible changes for bylaws prepared by next meeting.

All Board members will purchase a microphone to try conduct meetings using skype.  The meeting on February 19th will be the first test meeting on skype.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:22 PM Central