Monthly Archives: March 2009

Meeting minutes (2009-03-26)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
-Worked on auction ad

VP:
- Will be putting up old minutes from TF on to NASC website

Secretary Pro Tem:
- Updated minutes

Treasurer:
- Sent in article for newsletter
--Out; excused

Head of Conservation:
- Sent in article for newsletter

PR & Ed:
- Working on newsletter.

Plant Materials:
--

Agenda Items:

--

Reminders:

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
--

Business:

JC reported that progress is being made on newsletter article.  Will be ready by end of weekeend. No progress with FDA with small seed lots.

Mark reported no change with the TNC.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:30 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-03-19)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
-Emailed out ad for auction; needs commentary from board

VP:
-Looked in to DNS issue for NASC website
-Updated Minutes

Secretary Pro Tem:
--

Treasurer:
-Emailed foundation that posts form 990 online, regarding typo

Head of Conservation:

PR & Ed:
-Contacted 3rd party regarding newsletter
-Will work on making a newsletter tab for the website
-Corrected typo on NASC website

Plant Materials:
--

Agenda Items:
-Form 990 update
-Contacts progress
-Advertising for auction (Pak's Ad, Pete, etc)

Reminders:
--

 

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials

Members and Visitors:
--

Business:

Dave on Form 990: contacted site hosting form 990 online.  IRS has correct name/info for the NASC.  Dave will also request address change for NASC to be Nash rd. address.

Dave reported 2 new membership renewals.

JC will look in to mass mailing for Facebook.

Discussion was held on auction and current status.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:56 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-03-12)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
--

VP:
-Looked in to mass email
-Membership fee reminder correction
-Researching another possible newsletter article

Secretary Pro Tem:
-Minutes/Agenda updated

Treasurer:
-Reported making contact regarding auction money

Head of Conservation:
-Reported on auction beneficiary status.

PR & Ed:
-Posted letter from editor
-Looking in to mass-emails without listing recipients
-Working on materials for April Newsletter

Plant Materials:
--

Member At Large:
-Emailed a second article for newsletter use
-Working on securing items for auction

Agenda Items:
-IRS form 990 update
-Auction details

Reminders:
--

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
Greg Nevels, Member At Large

Members and Visitors:
--

Business:
Discussed auction proceeds. Mark discussed donation options with the TNC.

Discussed retrieving plants from Mike Howlett's care.

Discussed possible Drummondii articles.

Talked about mass mailing members about newsletter.

Dave is contacting Phillip Crane in regards to previous auction.

Dave will contact IRS regarding form 990 typo.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:09 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-03-05)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
-

VP:
- Submitted content for newsletter
- Reviewed Greg's introduction for newsletter
- Reviewed editor letter (Newsletter 0)

Secretary Pro Tem:
- Updated minutes

Treasurer:
- Presented letter for membership renewal to the Board
- Working on updating rosters.

Head of Conservation:
--

PR & Ed:
- Sent out and updated editor letter; should be sent this weekend
- Requesting newsletter content from Board members

Plant Materials:
--

Agenda Items:
- IRS From 990 update (typo in name)

Reminders:

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:05 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education

Members and Visitors:
--

Business:

Discussed auction donations.

Discussed auction proceeds. Mark will discuss donation options with the TNC.  Will ask if the TNC will link the NASC for auction advertisement.

Suzanne will be making contacts regarding for ad space.

Dave will email IRS regarding form 990 typo.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:00 PM Central