Monthly Archives: May 2009

Meeting minutes (2009-05-28)

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
Sheila
Steph

Business:

Mark reported a new site nearby on a golf course.  Will be requesting permission to collect seeds.  Est's 30 flava, 15 corporea.  Need waiver of liability form, letter head, request to collect form.  Will get final information for donation to the TNC in North Carolina

Dave reported no budget yet.  Everyone has paid up for the auction.  One person had to default for two of their items – items will be offered to the 2nd winner.  Will pay Jim Miller for the DVDs sold by the NASC.

Greg reported on his garden club event.  JC will be shipping seeds to Sheila for one of the attendants, a college Bio professor.

*We need more/new NASC plant tags.

J.C. Reported Ryan is ready to receive ~50 plants.  Needs to update grower form for correct address.

Jonathan requested that newsletter articles be presented by June 13.

Want to get a contact list together for state contacts.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:05 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-05-21)

NASC Weekly Meeting for May 21, 2009

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
Steph

Business:

Jonathan reported that next newsletter will be for July, if possible.

Mark reported that his reptile/CP event went well.  He gave out many brochures to visitors.

JC reported: hasn't heard back from any 3rd parties regarding plants yet.  Well be in contact with  Ryan K. regarding sending plants from the FL rescue.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:30 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-05-14)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
-Uploaded working draft of NASC brochure on to google docs.

VP:
-Contacted web developer associate; he will be willing to help the NASC out in case of website emergencies.

Secretary Pro Tem:
-Updated minutes

Treasurer:
-Reported that only one payment for the NASC auction remains to be received.

Head of Conservation:
--

PR & Ed:
-Working on getting material for summer Newsletter
-Continuing to look in to web updates

Plant Materials:
--

At Large:
--

Agenda Items:
- contacting federal or state agencies regarding Pinguicula ionatha in Florida
- Foundation Center typo update and board member addresses?
- Mike, plants, and East Bay plus Millennium Project contact info
- Billy H update?  Ryan K update?
- New Drummondii logo
- Does gdocs have contact info for TNC Myrtle Head Savanna?
- Board contact sidebar item on website
- NASC goals / budgeting

Reminders:
-Work on newsletter articles.

-Remember to send in reports before the meeting to cut down on meeting duration

 

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:06 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Treffkorn & Yin, Secretary Pro Tem
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, Member At Large (arrived late)

Members and Visitors:
--

Business:

Head of Conservation discussed NC rescue operation with Brian Barnes/ICPS Director of Conservation.

Information regarding contacting federal/state agencies regarding Pinguicula ionatha forward to Brian Barnes.

Talked about situation with Mike and Billy H., Ryan K., and Michael B.

501(c)(3) typo despite being IRS issue, they didn't want to re-type form.

New Drummondii logo discussed.

Board contact sidebar item on website is being investigated.

Brief discussion about budgeting.

No further response from Phill Crane.  Plan to send register mail .

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:30 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-05-07)

Agenda & Reports

Reports

President:
-Almost finished with NASC brochure update.
-Contacted BillyH and got reply; he might attend the meeting

VP:
-

Secretary Pro Tem:
-Updated minutes

Treasurer:
-Over 4K in Paypal auction funds, several hundred in checks. Only a few outstanding  item winners.

Head of Conservation:
--

PR & Ed:

Plant Materials:
--

Agenda Items:
Update on contacting growers?
Update from Ryan about growing space?
501(c)(3) corrections update?

Reminders:
--

 

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately -:-- PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation

Members and Visitors:
Steph

Business:

Dave reported on the auction progress.  About 4000 dollars have come in already.

Mark reported plans for upcoming NASC trip to Florida for plant rescue and surveying.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately -:-- PM Central