Monthly Archives: August 2009

Meeting minutes (2009-08-27)

Reports

Agenda Report for 2009-08-27 Weekly Meeting:

Projects currently being worked on:

Vice President - Looked into flights and ground transportation for NECPS

Secretary - Created Growers' Gallery

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:03 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board

Arthur Yin, Vice President
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials

Business

Administrator of Plant Materials
Created Google Docs for roster.  BobZ and Sheila aren't on the other list.
Seed request came from a non-member.
Contact some growers in Sep and coming weekend.

Head of Conservation
Talking to UNCW Professor Friday about NASC plants.
Need send a letter to security company.

Vice President
Book outgoing flight with David (Treasurer) this morning.
Had quorum and motioned for addition NECPS travel expenses due to recent increase in air fare.  Will send email to Board for votes on motion.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:11 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-08-20)

Reports

Agenda Report for 2009-08-20 Weekly Meeting:

Projects currently being worked on:

Vice President

- fixed July Minutes Archive ordering issue
- fixed non-trivial Meetings subcategory indentation issue
- waiting for questions regarding Partners in Conservation and Minutes Archives  

Agenda suggestions / Other business:

Vice President

- ask Billy H. to get tags from Mike H.
- bank fees situation

 

Meeting

 

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

 

Those in Attendance:

 

Board:

Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

 

Members and Visitors:
Steph
 

Business:

Suzanne contaced Billy and he was unable to contact Mike until next month.  She contacted Mike, who said that NASC will be getting a date when he is ready to send out seedlings.  Plant inventory is needed but was not mentioned.

Mike has tags, no need to order more.  Plants and tags should be sent to JC so he can send them out to growers.  Plants need to be distributed quickly due to the hurricane season and the fact that he has 98% of plants.  Jonathan sent an email to JC regarding this.

Brochure is up to date.

Jonathan has a formatting problem on the newsletter but is working on that.  Suzanne will work on the newsletter banner.

Sheila reported on the cost of a new banner from Midsouth Sign Graphics.  $250 for a table cover or $10 sq. ft. for a banner.  Dave had mentioned that the present banner has the old logo that was blown up from the old brochure and stated that if we are going to have a presence we want to identify ourselves.  Mark has the old banner and will mail it to Dave.

Plans were discussed for those who wish to attend the 7th Annual Fall Carnivorous Plant Show sponsored by the NECPS.  Dave will check on accomodations.

A group meeting at Green Swamp was discussed.

 

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:03 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-08-13)

Reports

Agenda Report for 2009-08-13 BOARD Meeting:
Projects currently being worked on:
VP: Waiting for questions regarding Partners in Conservation and Minutes Archives.

Treasurer: did not try Phil this week (sorry!);did e-mail BOA just today regarding the fees, to see if there's anything BOA can do before we shop outside;sent around the 07/31 statement.  Lastly, I need volunteers for the NASC show in RI.  This is the biggest CP event on the east coast, possibly in the US.  We had over 500 visitors from the public last year over two days.  The last two years we had two volunteers man the booth.  I go every year, so I was one, however, as last year, I want to offer up my spot to other people (NASC reimbursed up to $500 travel expense in the past for this event - though I imagine the group would have to re-approve that this year) to other board members.
PR & Ed:  Work continuing on newsletter.  Had last day of class today, so I should have time to complete it very soon.  Will get draft out ASAP.
New business:
VP: Secretary should get Google Calendar setup, but I was exploring that to automatically send out weekly meeting notices and status reminders.

Secretary: Set up Calendar to email every Tuesday.

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-08-13

Meeting began at approximately   8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:

Arthur Yinn, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Members and Visitors:

Business:

Jonathan has completed his last class today so he should be able to get more NASC work done now.

Sheila did the calendar on Google docs.

Mark got an email from TMC re UNCW.  They are doing hybrid research on Sarracenia to see if he can help.  They have plants growing naturally on the camus, not sure how aware they are.
Dave sent the check on Tuesday and Jim Miller will email when he receives it.
Security at sites was discussed.

Inventory from Mike is needed, Arthur will contact Suzanne by email in regards to Billy H.  Mark and Sheila will take plants if they are available.

Gallery on the website will be set up for growers of NASC plants.

Volunteers for the NECPS show in RI were discussed.  The Board agrees that Suzanne needs to go. Dave is going.  Arthur and Sheila are available to go.

A NECPS booth needs to be reserved.  There is a need for a new banner.  Sheila will check on prices.

A NASC Board meeting of all members to visit TNC site was discussed.
The meeting was called to a close at approximately  9:09 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-08-06)

Reports

Projects currently being worked on:

Head of Public Relations & Education
- Working on secretarial transition
- Still need to get email out about plant reintroduction and potential inter-organization guidelines

Updates on old business:

Head of Public Relations & Education
- Working as much as possible on newsletter

New business:

Agenda suggestions / Other business:

- VP waiting for questions regarding Partners in Conservation and Minutes Archives
- Did Dave send Jim his check?
- Update on Phil?
- Any luck with pesticide research?

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-08-06

Meeting began at approximately   8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:

Sheila Stewart, Secretary
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Members and Visitors:
Steph
Business:

Dave sent check to sell Jim Miller's CD "Lost World".  All CD's have been paid for.

Upcoming NASC show on Sept. 26 & 27 in RI was discussed.  JC & Mark have been before so it was suggested that someone else should go.  A table with brochures, CD's and seeds to sell would be set up.  New members would receive free packet of seeds upon signing up.
Brochure has been updated. Jonathan will check on the update.
Discussed outstanding auctions.  Member has moved to London.
Pesticides were discussed and will be further investigaged.
Partners in Conservation webpage will be updated to add businesses who have made contributions to NASC.
Minutes need to be moved to archive.
JC received seeds from plants Sheila is growing.
Mark did the presentation and it was decided not to vote this year.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately  8:58  PM Central