Monthly Archives: September 2009

Meeting minutes (2009-09-24)

Reports

Vice President

Projects currently being worked on:

- getting ready for NECPS Plant Show
- fixed broken Spring 2007 Drummondii links
- cleaned up contact document

 

Meeting

NASC Weekly Meeting for 2009-09-24 Weekly Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education

Members and Visitors:

Business:

Discussed NECPS show and brochures; they were sent to Dave by Suzanne but have not arrived.  Sheila will print more and take to the NECPS show if they don't arrive in time.

Suzanne reported that JC had tried to contact Mike and Billy but has not been able to reach them.

Jonathan has the newsletter ready except for a few things and it will go out to board soon.

Mark reported that the TNC is excited about the proposal for the gate.  He will check on installation.  The TNC will mention NASC in their newsletter.
The meeting was called to a close at approximately  8:39 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-09-17)

Reports

Agenda for 2009-09-17 Weekly Meeting:
Vice President:
Agenda suggestions / Other business:

- online banking

Meeting

NASC Weekly Meeting for 2009-09-17 Weekly Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:03 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials

Members and Visitors:
Business:

Discussed brochures for NECPS show; will be sent to Dave by Suzanne.

Dave reported:  Left message for Phil Monday; no response yet.

Discussed NECPS itinerary.

Jonathan reported newsletter will go out to board soon.

Mark reported 1500 will go to the TNC at an event on October 23 (these are the auction funds.)  Mark will let the TNC know about the 500 dollars for the fence.

JC will be emailing Mike and Billy H.
The meeting was called to a close at approximately  8:31 PM Central
After the close of the meeting the idea came to offer the rest of 2009 free with dues for 2010.

Meeting minutes (2009-09-10)

Reports

Agenda for 2009-09-10 Board Meeting:

Projects currently being worked on:

President: In the process of printing color brochures for the upcoming NECPS meeting.
Vice President:
- added link for TNC NC: Myrtle Head
- corrected some typos from two Minutes

Updates on old business:

President: Would like to try to get a firm Sept. date from Mike and Billy for the plant shipping.

Vice President: new bank account

New business:

President:Suggestion on possible event for promotion and education.

 

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-09-10 Board Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, Member At Large Position

Members and Visitors:
Business:
Dave reported:  Left message for Phil; no response yet.

Discussed NECPS plans and accomodations.

Suzanne discussed the numbers from the recent auction and amout to go to TNC ($1500).

Mark received an email from TNC regarding security issues at Myrtle Head.

It was agreed that an inventory from Mike is needed and getting the plants distributed is an important issue.  Mark will email for a Sept. date.

Mark, no update on golfcourse.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately  9:07 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-09-03)

Reports

Agenda Report for for 2009-09-03 Weekly Meeting
Projects currently being worked on:

 

Administrator of Plant Materials
Contacting Mike and Billy H about the paperwork needing to be sent to me.

 

 

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-09-03

 

Meeting began at approximately 8:03 PM Central

 

Those in Attendance:

 

Board:

Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education

 

Members and Visitors:
Steph

 

Business:

Cancellation by member was discussed.
Totals earned from auction and amout to be sent to TNC was reviewed.
Security issues were discussed.
Bank fees were discussed and research on a new online bank is being done.
Dave visited some local bogs and reported that one was in need of burning - will fill out a land survery form and contact them.
NASC was incorporated in Nebraska and cannot be moved from there, biannual fee was paid.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:14 PM Central
Arthur joined after the close at 9:15 and a quorum was still present.  A motion to increase funds for attendance at the  NECPS  by Board volunteers was voted on.  The motion had been made via email by Arthur.  Mark seconded and the vote passed with all four present voting in favor.
The meeting was called to a close at approximatley 9:25 PM Central