Monthly Archives: October 2009

Meeting minutes (2009-10-29)

Report

Vice President

- added a static Donations page
- edited two TNC article text

New business:

- need to add 501(c)(3) info on home page - perhaps update logo?

Agenda suggestions / Other business:

- change the status on the pending members to confirm or reject them Paypal payments are pending by default.
- pamphlet changes suggestions from NECPS
- membership form needs to be updated with new email address
- upload membership form and pamphlet editable documents to board account, after this, I will update the website with new PDF
- Committees page content needs to be updated
- business bank account
- transfer remaining Minutes Archives from TF to NASC site

Meeting minutes (2009-10-22)

Report

Projects currently being worked on:

Vice President

- removed personal names from Committees for more manageability
- updated Mark's email address on Conservation Committees
- updated About the NASC with citation
- updating Membership snail nail option with link to current membership form
- working on Donations page wording
Updates on old business:

- Noah Elhardt updated Contact Us to redirect to the Board page
New business:

Vice President

- change the status on the pending members to confirm or reject them
- pamphlet changes suggestions from NECPS
- membership form needs to be updated with new email address
- upload membership form and pamphlet editable documents to board account
- Committees page content needs to be updated
- business bank account
- transfer remaining Minutes Archives from TF to NASC site

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:13 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:

Suzanne Hedderly, President
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Johnathan Treffkorn, Head of Public Realtions & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administratior of Plant Materials
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
Members and Visitors:
Steph
Business:

J.C. had a request for seeds from a new member and will mail them out.
More discussions about collection and distribution of plants. Tentative plans were made for pick-up.
Membership and Board member cards will be considered.  Mark suggested a welcome package stating what NASC does for new members.
Mark will meet with TNC at gate ceremony on Friday.
The Phoenix published an article about the NECPS show and NASC was mentioned.  It can be viewed online http://thephoenix.com/Providence/News/90629-Killer-plants-%E2%80%98without-remorse/.
Mark's US Air refund was discussed.
The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:11 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-10-15)

Report

Projects currently being worked on:

Vice President

Working on various page of the website.

Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Arhthur Yin, Vice President
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Greg Nevels, Member at Large
Members and Visitors:
Business:
Discussed collection and distribution of plants.
The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:30 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-10-08)

Report

President
- Emailed Mike and Billy
- Emailed Rob Soccilotto
- Need to hear from JC

Projects currently being worked on:

President
- Need to work on Partners Page.
- Need to do the banner for Newsletter.
- Will be emailing forarticles for next newsletter.

Vice President, secretary
- Edited newsletter draft

Updates on old business:

President
- When is picture taking with TNC?

Vice President, Secretary
- Contact Us page
- Donation page
- Send welcomes to new members from NECPS show?

New business:

President
- Discuss plans for distributing plants
Agenda suggestions / Other business:

Vice President
- Bank account update

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-10-01 Weekly Meeting
Meeting began at approximately 8:04 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arhthur Yin, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Jonathan Treffkorn' Head of Public Relations & Education
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Members and Visitors:

Business:

Mark sent statement for US Air to Suzanne.
Discussed new members and a need for a welcome letter.  Suzanne will write one and put on google docs, Sheila will send it to new members.
Jonathan discussed the newsletter format and editing.
Arthur will work on the contact us page.
Sheila set up a donation page, Arthur will edit it.
Mark discussed security issues at sites.
Plans to get plants out to growers were discussed.  A date needs to be set.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately  9:09 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-10-01)

Reports

Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Head of Conservation
Worked at NECPS Plant Show

Projects currently being worked on:

Vice President
Is looking into business bank accounts

Treasurer
Has to enter the four new forms into Google docs roster, and another through paypal.

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-10-01 Weekly Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 7:59 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arhthur Yin, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Members and Visitors:
Steph
Business:
Discussed NECPS show and reported new members joined at the show, sold DVDs and packets of seeds, and brochures were handed out.  There were 280 paid attendees at the show on the first day so the NASC got some good exposure.

Mark will write a statement and Suzanne will write a letter to US Air requesting a refund for Mark's airfare due to all the delays in his flights causing him to miss most of the show.

Arthur suggested a tour with TNC to learn how they do burns next year.  He visited a bog in south New Hampshire and saw Sarracenia purpurea purpurea and several other cps.

Jonathan was unable to make the meeting but he did send a second draft of Drummondii to the board via email for corrections.

The article in Garden & Guns on Rob was discussed.  We should talk to him again.

New banking options were discussed and Dave will check to see what they offer for non-profit organizations.

Sheila updated the contact link.  Art will send info to manually backup the website using FTP or WinSCP.

Mark will check on JC in Hawaii to see when he might return.

Still no word from Mike on the plants.

Sheila and Mark will check on a site in Pensacola to find out who the owner is and to check for future construction.

 

The meeting was called to a close at approximately  9:09 PM Central