Monthly Archives: November 2009

Meeting minutes (2009-11-19)

Report

Secretary
Making plans for next week.
Has three seed pods to send to JC.

Plant Materials
Sent seed request to member.
Member posted on NASC forum.
Projects currently being worked on:

Secretary
Will get the minutes updated and archived today.
Working on membership card.
Worked on Distribution P&P page formatting issues.

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-11-19 Weekly Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:04 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of Public Relations & Education
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Greg Nevels, Member at Large
Members and Visitors:
Jennifer

Sheila's trip was discussed and permissions slip, receipt were decided to be needed.
Greg is working on education, found his notes.
Mark reminded Suzanne about writing the letter to US Air.
Dave reported on the search for a new bank.
Jonathan will post the newsleter.
Arthur will PDI the contributor page.
Sheila will post the auction update on ICPS.
Greg will be dontating plants from Theodore, AL for Sheila to grow.  She will take survery form to Greg and get the data to JC.
Arthur informed Dave that the status shows pending members.  The new members should be sent to Sheila so she can send a letter out.
He also asked Suzanne to send membership form and pamphlet to google docs.
Arthur committed pages to work on in the future, thinks 501(c)(3) status should go on the front page next to banner.
Sheila and Suzanne will fix minute archive.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:28 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-11-12)

Report

A college newspaper article about NASC, the NECPS show and Sheila was shared.

Meeting

NASC Board Meeting for 2009-11-12

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:

Suzanne Hedderly, President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
Greg Nevels, Member at Large
Members and Visitors:
Michael Newman

Business:

Jonathan reported that the newsletter will be completed soon and he will start working on the next one.
Suzanne will work on the banner.
Suzanne also questioned separating Education from PR.
Dave questioned a recent contribution.
Sheila will work on a membership card to be mailed out to memebers when dues are paid.
Dave will send new members' addresses to Sheila.
Mark received email reporting on hybrids and requesting information on obtaining a grant.
TNC has asked Mark to show sites to UNCW professor.
Greg will email education notes to board.
Upcoming election was discussed.  Notice will be put up on Dec. 15.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:46 PM Central

Meeting minutes (2009-11-05)

Report

Projects currently being worked on:

Vice President
- added a sidebar link to Attending Meetings
Plant Materials
- unable to attend meeting but plans to be caught up with NASC stuff and ready to attend next week's meeting

Agenda suggestions / Other business:

- need to add 501(c)(3) info on home page
- change the status on the pending members to confirm or reject them.  Somehow Paypal payments are pending by default.
- pamphlet changes suggestions from NECPS
- membership form needs to be updated with new email address
- upload membership form and pamphlet editable documents to board account after this, I will update the website with new PDF
- Committees page content needs to be updated some are not valid anymore
- business bank account
- transfer remaining Minutes Archives from TF to NASC site

Meeting

NASC Meeting for 2009-11-05 Weekly Meeting

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Those in Attendance:

Board:
Suzanne Hedderly, President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Members and Visitors:
Steph and Jennifer

JC is sending an email regarding documents.
Will get letters to members.  Membership cards were discussed.
Official logo needs to go on letterhead and permission to collect.
Mark received another email from TNC requesting revisions on press releases.
Sheila needs to check on the EBay seller.
Suzanne stated that elections are coming up on the first board meeting in January. Official nominations are due one month before.
ICPS site update was mentioned (auction results).
The split of Education and Public Relations was discussed.
Jonathan is working on the newsletter.

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:41 PM Central