Monthly Archives: July 2011

Meeting minutes (2011-07-28)

Meeting began at approximately 8:07 PM Central

Board Members Attendance Status:

Emily Troiano, President - present

Ryan Kitko, Vice President - present

Joseph Clemens, Secretary - absent

Shiela Stewart, Treasurer - present

Joe Granville, Head of PR and Education – present

Mark Todd, Head of Conservation - present

Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials - present

Yann Rodenas, Member at Large - present

Kris Hardy, Member at Large - absent

-Sheila will send a copy of the 501(c)(3) affirmation letter to Ryan.

-Vic and Yann have some suggested changes to the growers guide, including supplementing it with a short-form version.

-Joe will work on getting the summer newsletter out.

Ended at 8:23 PM Central.

Meeting minutes (2011-07-21)

Meeting began at approximately 8:05 PM Central

Board Members Attendance Status:

Emily Troiano, President - present

Ryan Kitko, Vice President - present

Joseph Clemens, Secretary - absent

Shiela Stewart, Treasurer - present

Joe Granville, Head of PR and Education – absent

Mark Todd, Head of Conservation - present

Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials - present

Yann Rodenas, Member at Large - present

Kris Hardy, Member at Large - absent

 

Check-in on what everyone is up to:

Ryan: Printfection shop.

Sheila: Auction. Received Affirmation letter from the IRS. Will send a copy to Ryan.

Mark: Contacted by TNC to have conference on poaching; Mark is invited.

Vic: Working on TerraForums post requesting new people for the grower's program. Also needs the pdf updated on the website to reflect his name. Yann will update the link.

Yann: Working on article for newsletter on pollination and wants to set up an interview with Don Schnell for a future article.

 

Ended at 8:23 PM Central.

Meeting minutes (2011-07-14)

Meeting began at approximately 8:12 PM Central

Board Members Attendance Status:

Emily Troiano, President - present

Ryan Kitko, Vice President - present

Joseph Clemens, Secretary - absent

Shiela Stewart, Treasurer - present

Joe Granville, Head of PR and Education – present

Mark Todd, Head of Conservation - present

Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials - present

Yann Rodenas, Member at Large - absent

Kris Hardy, Member at Large - absent

 

Business:

Vic: Updates on Dulany Bog? Not this week. Are the seeds in the seed bank still viable? Vic wants to test them. Will keep good records on germination rates. We should also focus on getting our adult established plants in the growing program to be crossed. Also recruit more growers into the program? Vic will post the requirements on TF and ask for any interested parties to contact him.

Sheila is looking into the possible outstanding auction item.

We discussed a second fundraising event in a year. Joe suggested a single raffle every month so that people who don't want to participate this month don't have to. He also mentioned that Jerry Addington might be willing to donate some plants, perhaps his man-made hybrid crosses, so these would be early releases of his hybrids; a sense of exclusivity and excitement for a new hybrid. This would be easy to manage, simple, and less involved than a full-blown auction event. We could even restrict raffle ticket payments to paypal only so that it's easier on Sheila.

Sheila will keep an eye out for the IRS affirmation of 501(c)(3) status letter in the mail. She has not received it yet.

Ryan will work on the Printfection shop, using NASC logos and files as our first tests. May need to make higher resolution images.

Ended at 9:36 PM Central.

Meeting minutes (2011-07-07)

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

Board Members Attendance Status:

Emily Troiano, President - present

Ryan Kitko, Vice President - present

Joseph Clemens, Secretary - absent

Shiela Stewart, Treasurer - present

Joe Granville, Head of PR and Education – absent

Mark Todd, Head of Conservation - present

Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials - present

Yann Rodenas, Member at Large - present

Kris Hardy, Member at Large - present

Business:

Sheila: Deposited checks in the bank and got a phone number for customer service. Will plan on attending the NECPS show and sort out the signature card with David and Emily. We're also still waiting on just one more person to pay for their auction item. Sheila will tend to this ASAP.

Vic: Update on Dulany Bog - Spoke with Duke Rankin of the Forest Service; all of the Sarracenia are on the Highlands Biological Station's land, so it's best to work with them. A Threatened and Endangered Species survey was recently completed, so it's unnecessary to repeat it in the next few years. HBS is interested in working with us on this. Mark and Vic will plan on going out to the bog to figure out our next steps. Vic suggested contacting Habitat Assessment & Restoration Professionals (http://www.habitatassessment.com/) for advice on Dulany Bog.

Emily: Rick Jackson's research on Sarracenia genetics - Sheila can send lots of location-specific pitchers to him. Rick will contact the TNC, Mark will go collect right before the scheduled burn and send them to him.

 

Ryan: Working on setting up a Printfection shop for merchandising.

 

Ended at 8:43 Central.