Thursday, November 14th, 2013
Meeting began at 9:08 PM Eastern
Board Member Attendance Status:
Emily Troiano, President – present
Ryan Kitko, Vice President – present
Heather Williams, Secretary – present
Sheila Stewart, Treasurer – absent
Shane Myers, Head of PR and Education – present
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation – present
Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials – present
Yann Rodenas, Member-at-Large – absent
Matt Kaelin, Member-at-Large – absent
Guests: Warren, and Zuzana– Welcome!
- There have been a few potential rescue sites that we have been keeping our eyes on. The group discusses the status on those sites.
- There is speculation that the American Museum of Natural History in New York City may be selling potentially poached Venus flytraps.
- Vic is beginning to get donations for the NASC seed bank and will be updating it soon!
- Friends of Plant Conservation and the North Carolina Plant Protection Program has received the funds from the NASC Benefit Auction!
- Ryan is working on his newsletter article.
Meeting ended at approximately 9:46 p.m.