Meeting minutes (2009-08-20)

Reports

Agenda Report for 2009-08-20 Weekly Meeting:

Projects currently being worked on:

Vice President

- fixed July Minutes Archive ordering issue
- fixed non-trivial Meetings subcategory indentation issue
- waiting for questions regarding Partners in Conservation and Minutes Archives  

Agenda suggestions / Other business:

Vice President

- ask Billy H. to get tags from Mike H.
- bank fees situation

 

Meeting

 

Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

 

Those in Attendance:

 

Board:

Suzanne Hedderly, President
Arthur Yin, Vice President
Sheila Stewart, Secretary
David Schloat, Treasurer
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
Jonathan Treffkorn, Head of PR & Education
J.C. Stoner, Administrator of Plant Materials
Greg Nevels, At Large Position

 

Members and Visitors:
Steph
 

Business:

Suzanne contaced Billy and he was unable to contact Mike until next month.  She contacted Mike, who said that NASC will be getting a date when he is ready to send out seedlings.  Plant inventory is needed but was not mentioned.

Mike has tags, no need to order more.  Plants and tags should be sent to JC so he can send them out to growers.  Plants need to be distributed quickly due to the hurricane season and the fact that he has 98% of plants.  Jonathan sent an email to JC regarding this.

Brochure is up to date.

Jonathan has a formatting problem on the newsletter but is working on that.  Suzanne will work on the newsletter banner.

Sheila reported on the cost of a new banner from Midsouth Sign Graphics.  $250 for a table cover or $10 sq. ft. for a banner.  Dave had mentioned that the present banner has the old logo that was blown up from the old brochure and stated that if we are going to have a presence we want to identify ourselves.  Mark has the old banner and will mail it to Dave.

Plans were discussed for those who wish to attend the 7th Annual Fall Carnivorous Plant Show sponsored by the NECPS.  Dave will check on accomodations.

A group meeting at Green Swamp was discussed.

 

The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:03 PM Central