Meeting minutes (2011-08-04)

Meeting began at approximately 8:15 PM Central

Board Members Attendance Status:

Emily Troiano, President - absent

Ryan Kitko, Vice President - present

Joseph Clemens, Secretary - absent

Shiela Stewart, Treasurer - present

Joe Granville, Head of PR and Education – present

Mark Todd, Head of Conservation - present

Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials - present

Yann Rodenas, Member at Large - present

Kris Hardy, Member at Large - absent

-We are working to resolve a monetary issue from the auction funds in 2005. Sheila will contact the previous treasurer, David, to get contact info so we can verify the money had changed hands and was in our possession. Alternative plan: Discuss this with David at the NECPS show in October.

-Ryan will send an e-mail to Sheila to remind her to e-mail the IRS 501(c)(3) affirmation letter to Ryan. We'll put it up on GoogleDocs.

-Joe: No movement yet on the newsletter. In the next couple days, he will get the newsletter laid out. Most of the content is complete. Yann will write up the pollination section and get that sent to Joe this weekend.

-Second fundraiser for this year? Still discuss raffle, but "put it on the backburner." Voted unanimously to look into our options and begin sorting out what would be necessary to set up another fundraiser (tech: small payments? Paypal? Through our website?). Joe's sentiment is that if it's easy, we could squeeze it in this year; Ryan thinks it will pass us by before we know it, so we shouldn't bother trying this year. Emily's e-mail indicated she thought we should try to gear up for the next spring auction, get situated with Dulany Bog, and build excitement for that project.

-Vic: Dulany Bog - he will e-mail Larry Mellichamp to see if he can go out with us in mid-to-late September to assess the site. Discuss with Larry. Vic and Yann working on updating the grower's guide; will pass it on to everyone, review it, then vote on changes.

-Ryan: Printfection shop - Can we offer to pay a small commission if artists are unwilling to donate their designs? Open contest on Terraforums? Crowdsourcing? Contest on TF: $100 grand prize? Designs will be voted on by TF members, top 3 to 5 chosen by TF members, then top prize awarded by the board. All entries could get Jerry Addington seedlings, as an incentive to enter (everyone's a winner!). Joe will ask Jerry for this. Ryan will write guide (size, resolution, colors, referring to Printfection shop guidelines). Voted to reimburse Joe for gas to pick up seedlings if we go ahead with this plan.

Ended at 9:23 PM Central.