Thursday, May 8th, 2014
Meeting began at 9:02 PM Eastern
Board Member Attendance Status:
Emily Troiano, President – present
Shane Myers, Vice President – absent
Heather Williams, Secretary – present
Ryan Kitko, Treasurer – present
Ben Rush, Head of PR and Education – present
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation – present
Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials – present
Yann Rodenas, Member-at-Large – absent
Matt Kaelin, Member-at-Large – absent
Guests: Warren, Zuzana, Elaine and Gabriel – Welcome!
- Mark shows us Daniel Sheret speak in front of the city council of Wilmington about making poaching flytraps a felony.
- Elaine McManus, an intern for the Nature Conservancy, speaks to us about her internship, about flytrap poaching and what she has learned so far.
- The group discusses poaching of wild carnivorous plants in detail.
- Mark asks the group if Gabriel can be appointed to a position to help him with conservation research.
- Mark will be rescuing and moving some plants from an endangered site to a nature preserve close by.
Meeting ended at approximately 10:40 p.m.