Thursday, August 2, 2012
Meeting began at 9:08 PM Eastern
Board Member Attendance Status:
Emily Troiano, President – present
Ryan Kitko, Vice President – present
Yann Rodenas, Secretary – absent
Sheila Stewart, Treasurer – present
Shane Myers, Head of PR and Education – present
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation – present
Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials – present
Matt Kaelin, Member-at-Large – absent
Guests: Zuzana Srostlik & Warren – Welcome!
- Mark spoke with TNC Alabama; identified a potential site for reintroduction of the S. leucophylla close to the site in Florida that we would like to collect and rescue plants from future development.
- Mark also reported on a new site he visited in North Carolina that had unique plants. He’d like us to consider putting some funds or efforts toward helping the landowner maintain the plants on the property.
- Mark also brought up the possibility of establishing a head grower’s position in Europe. We discussed the difficulties and benefits of doing so. We will continue to discuss this.
- Shane shared the first draft of the Newsletter with the Board. Looks great!
- Emily is putting together the presentation for our ICPS conference presentation.
- We discussed what to bring for the NASC table at the ICPS conference: t-shirts, our NASC brochure produced by Shane, the latest newsletter printed out, and some plants that Ryan will bring.
- Mark, Sheila, and Yann (from Belgium) will be meeting with our potential site rescue landowner tomorrow! Good luck, folks!
Meeting ended at approximately 10:00 PM