Thursday, September 6th 2012
Meeting began at approximately 9:00 PM Eastern
Board Members Attendance Status:
Emily Troiano, President - Present
Ryan Kitko, Vice President - Present
Yann Rodenas, Secretary - Present
Sheila Stewart, Treasurer - Present
Shane Myers, Head of PR and Education – Present
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation - Present
Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials - Present
Matt Kaelin, Member at Large - Absent
Guests: Warren & Zuzana, welcome!
- Mark performed an emergency plant rescue last week and rescued hundreds of Sarracenia which were in direct danger of development. They have been sent to members of the grower's committee. Permission has been given to replant some of the plants on the Boiling Spring Lakes Preserve.
- Permission has been granted to begin maintenance work at a property near the Boiling Spring Lakes Preserve that has great examples of Sarracenia. NASC will use machinery available from the property owner to maintain the site.
- Mark has discussed with Phil Sheridan the potential siting of S. minor (literature) in North Carolina. Research will begin through old botanical notes to determine validity of this statement.
- Rob Evans will email Mark regarding land purchasing and the selling process
- Discussion regarding NASC banner/donate banner to promote sale of non-wild collected VFTs on partner CP vendor sites to raise funds for conservation efforts.
Ended at 10:14 PM Eastern