Thursday, June 21, 2012
Meeting began at 9:10 PM Eastern
Board Member Attendance Status:
Emily Troiano, President – present
Ryan Kitko, Vice President – present
Yann Rodenas, Secretary – absent
Sheila Stewart, Treasurer – present
Shane Myers, Head of PR and Education – present
Mark Todd, Head of Conservation – present
Victor Holland, Administrator of Plant Materials – absent
Matt Kaelin, Member-at-Large – present
Joe Granville, Member-at-Large - absent
Guest: Zuzana Srostlik - Welcome!
- Working on article for CPN - Shane will continue to work on the article. Sheila will take photos of NASC plants and send them to Shane for the article. We're pushing the article back to the next issue.
- Shane asked for submissions to our newsletter, Ryan is working on writing up the auction summary.
- Auction: Sheila notified us of two unpaid auctions. Emily will send a message to the auction winners notifying them of a 24 hour last chance before the item is offered to the next highest bidder.
- Board voted to accept plants from Lois and pay for shipping; Sheila will care for them until the next auction.
- Mark unfortunately had to cancel his flight to the meeting with the land owner of the potential rescue site in Florida. The land owner had to reschedule the appointment.
- The Grow Reports database is functional and now accepting submissions! There is a guide on how to enter data if you are growing plants for NASC.
- Congratulations to Board member Victor Holland and his wife on their new baby, Parker Holland, born June 19, 2012!
Meeting ended at approximately 9:50 PM